Whenever I tell anyone I am going back to school to get my Masters of Public Administration, I am usually greeted with the same response: "huh?" There is little common understanding of what public administration is. (An aside: I could easily contend that lack of common understand of the field is the direct result of ambiguity in the field itself.) At this point, I am quite used to saying that its sort of like an mba, put for the public sector. People seem to either be satisfied with this response or just stop pressing.
My intent with this blog is not to spread the gospel of administration to the masses, but rather to organize my thoughts as I take two years and get my masters. That's not to say that I don't think PUAD is a great field for undergraduate and graduate students alike, but many people do not see the attraction to the public sector that I share with my peers. Regardless, this space will be filled over the next two years with my personal growth stemming from education, work expirience, and research. I find it unlikely that many will read this blog, as a google search for "public administration blog" yeilds few relevant results, the most promising a blog that is only open to invited readers. Elitist bastards.
It should concern those in the field that there is little in the way of blogs about public administration. The environment is increasingly collaborative, yet one of the best ways to communicate ideas and knowledge in the internet age seems to be relatively untapped.
If this blog does find any readers, I am more than open to suggestions about content.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment